Knowing the best digital marketing courses in Nigeria can make all the difference when scaling your career.
The digital space keeps expanding rapidly. This presents new opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs to sell their products and services.
It also means that there’ll be a high demand for digital marketing experts to help them achieve their online marketing goals. So, digital marketing should be your go-to spot if you’re looking to build a profitable freelance skill.
We’ve extensively researched and compiled 20 digital marketing courses in Nigeria to help you get started.
How much does it take to learn digital marketing in Nigeria
Learning digital marketing in Nigeria is not expensive. You can learn digital marketing for N20,000 to N200,000. It depends on the coverage of the course outline.
The scope of digital marketing is very wide, and that’s because you’re looking at understanding the comprehensive analytics of how different social media platforms work.
Even with this, picking a digital marketing niche is important, just like for every regular business. This niche determines the learning stages you’ll be exposed to and the pricing for each.
Thankfully, if you’re just starting freelancing, there are numerous free digital marketing courses in Nigeria you can subscribe to. These courses are enough to make you start handling tasks on your own until you are ready to expand your knowledge and experience.
You are expected to review their training offer and course syllabus carefully before you fully engage with them.
How can I learn digital marketing in Nigeria?
Overall, there are so many digital marketing courses scattered all over the internet and outside. The goal is to find something that aligns with your marketing objectives and exhaust all the opportunities it provides.
Here’s a list of online platforms where you can learn digital marketing from anywhere in Nigeria:
- Google digital garage
- Hubspot academy
20 Digital Marketing Courses in Nigeria and their benefits
Looking to ace your digital marketing skills? Here’s a comprehensive list of available courses to take to become a professional digital marketer.
1. Google Digital Marketing and E-commerce Professional Certificate
Price: NGN 29,000/$39 per month
Google created this course in collaboration with Coursera on the basics of digital marketing and how the analytics of e-commerce platforms work. The major skills taught here include search engine optimisation, email marketing, advertising, and e-commerce. The course is separated into 7 parts; for each, you get individual certifications and then a general certification.
This course isn’t the kind you can finish in one sitting. It takes months of reading, video lessons, quizzes, and activities to complete. Aside from the course price, there is an option for free enrollment. The course outline is as follows:
- Foundations of digital marketing and e-commerce
- Attract and engage customers with digital marketing
- From likes to leads: Interact with customers online
- Think outside the box. Email marketing
- Access for Success: Marketing analytics and measurement
- Make the sale: Build, Launch and Manage E-commerce stores
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Develop Customer Loyalty Online
2. Meta Social Media Marketing
Price: $273/ NGN 200,655 or $39/ NGN 28,665 per month
Here, you’re learning how to build a solid social media presence for your brand and its followers, run targeted ads, create compelling posts, and review campaign results. The take-home skills from this course include digital marketing, brand management, advertising, social media marketing, and content marketing.
This is a professional-certified course divided into six different series and covers the following:
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Fundamentals of Social Advertising
- Advertising on Meta
- Measurement and optimisation of Social Media Campaigns
- Meta Social Media Marketing Capstone
This is a self-paced course that could extend to 7 months if you only give it 2 hours a week. For this course, there is also an option for free enrollment.
3. Digital Marketing Specialization
Price: $79/ NGN 58,000
In this course, you’ll get exposure to how to analyse your data as a digital marketer, get a firm grip on analysing tools and techniques on the web, and understand why and how customers respond to products and social media measurement opportunities.
The skills you’ll gain from this course include data visualisation, digital marketing, pricing and product strategies, data collection and analysis, the marketing mix, and marketing opportunities.
This is a practical course that gives you partnership access to apply what you have learnt to real capstone projects. You’re qualified for certification upon successful completion of your course and projects. The course outline is as follows:
- Digital Marketing Revolution
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory
- Digital Marketing Analytics in Practical
- Digital Media and Marketing Principles
- Digital Media and Marketing Strategies
- Digital Marketing Capstone
While this is a self-paced course, you get certified at the end of the course.
4. The Strategy of Content Marketing
Price: $595/NGN 437,325
Skills you’ll gain while taking this course include copywriting, business management, content marketing, and content writing. Generally, this course will take you through writing compelling content and retaining your customers online.
This certified course takes approximately 20 hours to complete. It covers the following areas:
- The Content Marketing Ecosystem
- The Strategic Context (The 7A Framework)
- Mapping the Journey: Crafting a Content Marketing Strategy
- The Strategic Types of Content
- Managing Your Content
5. Search Engine Optimisation Specialisation
Price: $79/NGN 58,065
This course highlights strategies like conducting a competitive analysis and retaining customer relationships. You’ll learn keyword research, social media marketing, content marketing, search engine optimisation and mathematical optimisation.
This is a 6-month certified course and treats the following:
- Introduction to Google SEO
- Google SEO fundamentals
- Optimising a website for Google search
- Advanced content and social tactics to optimise SEO
- Google SEO capstone project
6. Launch Your Online Business
Price: $39/NGN 28,665 or $79/NGN 58,065
What if your interest in digital marketing was to expand your entrepreneurial knowledge and grow your business online? Then this course is for you. This Coursera course will help you build your brand identity, promote your online presence effectively, and attract potential partners and customers.
This is a free course, too, but the payment plan depends on the range of courses you take with them. The course syllabus covers the following areas:
- Basics of an Online Business
- Creating an Online Business
- Preparing Your Online Business Launch
- Successful Launch of Your Online Business. Now what?
7. Digital Marketing: A Strategic Perspective
Price: $3,600/NGN 2,646,000
This 8-week course helps incorporate valuable strategies into a marketing plan. Below are the core areas this course focuses on:
- Frameworks for generating customer value
- Paid media: Advertising that reaches customers
- Owned media: Impactful content marketing
- Social media: Listening, promotion and engagement
- Expanding value using mobile technologies
- Using Analytics to innovate
- Organisational considerations for digital transformation
- Digital marketing, regulation and the future
This course is designed for industry leaders, but volunteering or serving as an intern for a top firm can grant you access to this certified EDX course.
8. Digital Branding and Engagement
Price: $99/NGN 73,000
The first rule of customer engagement is to create quality content. This is a combination of free and paid courses, depending on how advanced you wish to go with them. This course teaches how to create engaging content for the digital platform you’ve chosen to work with.
This 4-week (3 to 4 hours per week) course is self-paced and covers the following areas;
- Paid, Owned and Earned Media
- Consumer behaviours
- Content Marketing
- Earned Media
After payment, unlimited access to this course comes with a certification upon course completion.
9. Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
Price: $199/NGN 146,265
This course presents a pathway to possible solutions that can be affected by the ever-dynamic state of the market and consumer behaviours. This self-paced course centres on the following:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Inbound and Outbound Marketing (also touching on social media marketing)
- Mobile Marketing – Apps and Promotions
- Multi-Sided Platforms
- Overview of OmniChannel Marketing
- Attribution and Marketing Mix Modeling
This course provides access to the EDX team throughout the training period and comes with a certificate and unlimited access to course materials.
10. How To Become A Digital Marketer
Price: $399/ NGN293,265
Here, Udacity presents a general course on a digital marketer’s adaptability to industry trends and strategies. In this course, you’ll gain skills like running Google and Facebook ads, optimising for search engines, and A/B testing.
The course outline is as follows;
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Marketing Data and Technology
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO Essentials
- Search Engine Marketing
- Digital Advertising
- Email Marketing
The value of this course is that it presents different career opportunities, certification, a community of learners, and an optimised LinkedIn profile.
11. Google Fundamentals of Digital Marketing Course
A number of online courses for personal and business development make up this course, which Google hosts on Digital Garage. This is a power-packed course where you gain skills like; Business strategy, analytics and data insights, content marketing, display advertising, E-commerce, Email marketing, Local marketing, mobile, social media management, etc.
This certified course takes 40 hours of watch time and covers 26 modules with specific topics on the following:
- The Online Opportunity
- The First Steps to Online Success
- Building your Web Presence
- Plan your Online Business Strategy
- Get Started with Search
- Get discovered with Search
- Make Search Work for you
- Be noticed with search ads
- Improve your search campaigns
- Get noticed locally
- Help people nearby find you online
- Get noticed with social media
- Deep dive into social media
- Discover the possibilities of mobile
- Make mobile work for you
- Get started with content marketing
- Connect through email
- Advertise on other websites
- Dive deep into display advertising
- Make the most of video
- Get started with analytics
- Find success with analytics
- Turn data into insights
- Build your online shop
- Sell more online
- Expand internationally
12. The Digital Marketing Full Course
Price: $119/ NGN 88,000
This is a comprehensive course offered by Reliablesoft comprising 10 courses covering the following areas;
- Digital marketing basics
- Facebook / Instagram Ads
- Google Ads
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Keyword research
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Google Analytics (including Google Analytics 4)
- Social media marketing
- eCommerce SEO
This full-bundle course comes with bonus offers and a course completion certificate.
13. Advance as a Digital Marketing Specialist
Price: NGN 7,000 – NGN 12,000
LinkedIn provides this comprehensive course to take you through the principles and processes of being a digital marketer. The skills you’ll learn for this course include digital marketing, SEO, and social media marketing. You’ll also get a certificate at the end of the course.
Below is the course outline.
- Digital marketing foundation
- Marketing foundations
- SEO foundations
- Social media marketing foundations
- Content marketing foundations
- Email and newsletter marketing foundations
- Marketing foundations: analytics
- Marketing foundations: e-commerce
- Marketing foundations: customer decision journey
14. Master Digital Marketing
Price: NGN 10,000 each
As a digital marketer working across various social media platforms, this LinkedIn-produced course exposes you to various marketing tools. A certificate of completion is given at the end of each course, and the course outline covers the following:
- Digital Marketing Foundations
- Social media marketing (SMM) foundations
- SMM strategy and optimisation
- SMM strategy for TikTok and Instagram reels
- Marketing on Facebook and LinkedIn
- SEO keyword strategy
- SEO content writing
- Augmented reality marketing
15. The Complete Digital Marketing Guide
Price: NGN 3,500
This is a comprehensive Udemy course aimed at helping you become a digital marketing expert for your business or potential companies you would work with. This course takes roughly 77 hours of study time, with 30 sections covering the following:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing In-Depth
- Digital Marketing Channels
- Digital Marketing Professional Masterclasses
16. Digital Marketing Masterclass
Price: NGN 3,500
This is a compilation of 23 courses in one and focuses on how to use different social media platforms to draw the attention of the audience and make sales. This gives you access to the course materials, including articles and videos, and a certificate upon completion.
The course collection contains the following:
- How to define your business and target audience
- Brand identity
- Email marketing
- Content marketing basics and content automation
- Facebook, Google, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Quora, Podcasting, and LinkedIn
- How to create WordPress websites
- Chat GPT & AI tools for digital marketing
17. Digital Marketing Agency
Price: NGN 5,500
Let’s assume you’re done building your digital marketing skills and are officially ready to start; this course will show you how to officially set up your agency. It contains tutorials on building a website, picking the right team to work with, and finding ways to retain your clients.
This course gives you access to 85 hours of on-demand video, 47 articles, 91 downloadable resources, 1 practice test, and a certificate of completion.
The syllabus comprises the following:
- Build a Digital Marketing Agency.
- Price Your Services.
- Build an Agency Website
- Get & Keep Clients.
- Hire the Right People.
- Customer Relationship.
18. Digital Marketing Strategy: Profitable Sales and Funnel Fundamentals.
This course will give you an advantage in the detailed process of building and engaging your audience. It will groom you to have skills like online marketing, digital marketing, sales, and building online strategies.
On Skillshare, you can start with a free trial by signing up with your email to access their course. The course has a duration of 3 hours and comprises 22 lessons that include:
- Strategy and implementation
- Establishing your goals
- Identifying your real customer avatars
- Top of the funnel strategy
- Using metrics to build profitability
- Leveraging on your pricing power
19. Digital Marketing for Writers
Businesses aren’t the only thing that requires the aid of digital marketers to strive; even writers do too. This simple course on Skillshare will take you through the process of creating marketing opportunities for writers.
The course covers the following key areas:
- Determining your target audience
- Setting up an online presence
- Establishing your voice and creating a game plan
- Audience engagement.
20. Digital Marketing Overview
This Alison course uses the AIDA strategy to promote its marketing medium. This course is estimated to last 5 hours at most and is free with CPD accreditation. The only payment attached to this course is a diploma certificate. However, it doesn’t prevent you from completing the course.
The course outline includes the following:
- Create digital marketing and sales funnel
- Email marketing
- Creating a great webinar
After taking the digital marketing course, what next?
After completing a digital marketing course, you can pursue several paths. You can apply for digital marketing jobs in various industries. Starting your own digital marketing agency is another option. You could also offer freelance services on sites like Upwork and Fiverr. Continuing education is important, too, as digital marketing trends change rapidly.
Where can I learn digital marketing in Lagos?
Lagos State has a lot of digital marketing hubs where one can learn from a community of like-minded colleagues. As expected, every learning process with a group of like-minded individuals is way faster than solo training.
Below is a list of some digital marketing schools in Lagos State.
|1||Leinad Studios||Ogba, Lagos||https://leinadstudios.com/|
|2||Chartered Institute of Social Media and Digital Marketing||88 Iju Road, OffJungle Bus Stop, Ogba Lagos||Cismdm.com08183243514|
|3||Kong Marketing||19 Okunfolami Street, Anthony, Ikeja, Lagos||https://www.kongmarketing.com|
|4||Digital marketing skill institute||72B Surulere Way, Dolphin Estate, 101222, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.||https://digitalmarketingskill.com|
|5||Piston and Fusion Business Academy||122A Obadina Street Omole Phase 1, Ikeja Lagos||https://www.pistonandfusion.org|
|6||Teeth4tat consulting solutions||Suites (C113 & C114) Akord Shopping Mall, Bogije, Elemoro, 101001, Lagos, Nigeria||tcsplusexperts.com|
|8||Premium Digital Marketing Academy||Lagos, Nigeria||www.premiumdigitalmarketing.ng|
How much does it cost to learn digital marketing in Lagos
The majority of the physical training digital marketing spots in Lagos State charge NGN 80,000 and above. On most occasions, the cost of virtual training is down by 10% compared to the cost of physical training.
As a person looking to start a career as a digital marketing specialist, you may have some financial restrictions. This list also contains some free online courses you can try.
How long does it take to learn digital marketing?
You can learn the basics of digital marketing for four hours. However, the in-depth learning process could take between one to six months. The diversity of digital marketing is such that it requires not just knowledge-based learning processes but a series of practicals and tryouts.
This implementation process helps establish a solid foundation for every piece of the course. As an individual who’s intentional about creating a career path in digital marketing in Nigeria, it’s expected that you take your time to learn and try out the basics. This starts with picking a specific area of interest first and then extends to every other area of interest in digital marketing.